Returns, Exchange and Refunds Policy
All damages in transit must be notified within 48 hours of receiving the goods.
Returns will only be permitted within 7 days of purchase.
All returns of undamaged Fabric and Wallpaper orders will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. It is the reponsibilty of the buyer to return the undamaged goods to Amy Nicholas Direct Limited and this charge will not be refunded.
Wallpaper & Paint
Returns for any damaged wallpaper will only be accepted if the wallpaper is un-cut. It is the buyers responsibility to check all wallpaper prior to cutting/hanging. As our paint is mixed to order, we do not accept returns on any paint unless faulty. As we offer a free of charge sampling service, we do not accept returns of un-damaged wallpaper or paint.
Returns for fabric will only be accepted if the fabric is in the condition it was received in. We are unable to accept any returns once the fabric has been cut. It is the buyers responsibilty to check all the fabric for damage/faults prior to cutting.
Amy Nicholas Direct Limited are not responsible for damaged/faulty wallpaper and/or fabric once cut.
Proof of purchase must be given at all times.† Please ensure that a completed returns form is included with the item for return.† All returns must be packed and labelled carefully so they are not lost or damaged in transit. (This does not affect your statutory rights.)
As the majority of furniture sold by Amy Nicholas Direct Limited is made to order and to each customerís requirement, refunds will not be given unless
- the item does not do the job it was described to do and is in perfect condition.† This maybe subject to a stocking fee.
- the item has a fault and/or is damaged on receipt then a full refund including deposit will be given/or a replacement piece will be sent.
- It is at the discretion of management and maybe subject to a stocking fee.
Refunds after delivery will NOT be given where: -
- the item was damaged after purchase
- the customer simply changed their minds
- the item has been opened and is not in perfect condition
Refunds of the initial deposit will NOT be given where: -
- the customer simply changed their minds
Special order items that are in perfect condition can only be returned maybe subject to a small restocking fee.†
Please note that replacements for faulty/damaged goods will not be despatched until the original item has been returned to our warehouse.
Heavy goods items can be collected at the point of delivery but it may take up to 28 days (40 for more remote areas).† Damaged goods will be collected free of charge.† For goods no longer wanted a collection fee of £50 will be applicable.
Sale items are non-returnable.
Please note that goods can not be returned to any of our shops.
All our products are inspected and tested prior to despatch.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
The following conditions are deemed to be incorporated in all Sales Contracts entered into by Amy Nicholas Direct Ltd and represent the only basis upon which products can be supplied save to the extent that the conditions have been varied by express agreement in writing signed by both the customer and for and on behalf of Amy Nicholas Direct Ltd by a Director.† To the extent that these Terms and Conditions of Supply contradict any standard Terms and Conditions of the Customer then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- "Customer" means the party identified as the Customer in this Agreement to whom AMY NICHOLAS may agree to supply products in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- "AMY NICHOLAS" means Amy Nicholas Direct Limited of Rose Cottage, Main Street, Grindleton, Lancashire BB7 4QT.
- "Products" means goods including but not limited to Interiors and Interior Design, Home Products and Services to be provided by AMY NICHOLAS to the Customer in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Quoted prices include the cost of normal packaging but exclude delivery, transit insurance or installation prices (where applicable).† Work carried out in addition to that specified in the relevant quotation or order shall be charged for.
- All prices are exclusive of Value Added Tax and any similar taxes which will be applied in accordance with UK legislation in force at the tax point date.
- Catalogues, Brochures and price lists issued by AMY NICHOLAS are intended only as an indication of price and range of products.† These prices, descriptions and other details are correct at the time of issue but may be subject to changes by AMY NICHOLAS.
- All quoted or listed prices are based on the cost to AMY NICHOLAS of supplying the products to the customer.† If before delivery of the products there occur any increase in any way of such costs in respect of products, which have not yet been delivered, the price payable may be subject to amendment without notice at the discretion of AMY NICHOLAS.
3 TITLE OF GOODS
- Immediately upon delivery to the customer of any products agreed to be sold by AMY NICHOLAS to the customer the customer shall become the bailee thereof and the legal title thereto shall be retained by AMY NICHOLAS as Bailor.† Legal title in the products shall not pass to the customer unless and until the customer has discharged all its indebtedness to AMY NICHOLAS in respect of products.† Until all indebtedness is discharged AMY NICHOLAS has the right to re-possess the products and reserves licence to enter the customer's (or subsequent buyers) premises for that purpose.
- Not withstanding the terms above the customer shall be entitled before discharging its obligations to AMY NICHOLAS to resell the products or any of them.†
- Upon such resale the customer shall hold the proceeds of sale upon trust for AMY NICHOLAS until such time as the customer's indebtedness to AMY NICHOLAS under any contract of sale entered into between them or otherwise shall have been discharged.† Similarly the benefit of any insurance proceeds should the products become damaged shall be held on trust for AMY NICHOLAS until such time as all the customer's indebtedness to AMY NICHOLAS has been discharged.
- Any time quoted for despatch is to be treated as an estimate only and despatch may be postponed because of conditions beyond the reasonable control of AMY NICHOLAS.† In such an event AMY NICHOLAS shall not be held liable for any damages or penalty for delay in despatch or delivery.
- Risk passes to the customer on despatch and AMY NICHOLAS accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by the courier.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to check the products for damage on receipt.† If products are damaged, or there are any discrepancies between the delivery note, the order, and the products the customer must notify AMY NICHOLAS within 24 hours of delivery.†
- If proof of delivery is required, this must be requested within 7 days of the date of the invoice.
5 PAYMENT TERMS
- The furniture is made to order to the customerís requirement therefore we require a non-refundable deposit of 50% is paid at the time of order. The remaining balance owed will be taken from the customerís account one week prior to delivery of the furniture. We accept online payment in a secure environment by credit card. We currently accept Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Switch. All transactions are shown in pounds sterling (£).
- All prices quoted on this website are accurate at the time of publication and are quoted in pounds sterling (£) and where appropriate are inclusive of UK sales tax (VAT) at the current rate. The current rate of VAT is 15%.
6 RETURN OF PRODUCTS
- AMY NICHOLAS is unable to accept the return of merchandise without prior consent.† Before returning merchandise AMY NICHOLAS must be notified in writing, with the details included of the merchandise, the invoice number and date.† Authorisation for returns, if appropriate, will then be given.† In relation to Interior/home products, authorisation will only be given if the item is complete with all accessories etc., is in brand new condition, and is in its original packaging.
- AMY NICHOLAS reserves the right to levy an administration charge in respect of the return of products.
- AMY NICHOLAS reserves the right to reject any products returned which do not comply with the conditions laid out above.
- The customer shall be liable for any non-recoverable costs incurred by AMY NICHOLAS should the customer cancel any order it has placed with AMY NICHOLAS.† All cancellations must be confirmed in writing within 48 hours of any oral notification.† Cancellations will only be considered if made at least 12 hours before the despatch of the products and shall be subject to acceptance by AMY NICHOLAS.
- AMY NICHOLAS may withhold or cancel further orders or any deliveries under the contract of sale and may recover all losses resulting therefore if the customer:
- fails to make payment on the due date under any contract with AMY NICHOLAS
- enters into a composition with its creditors, or (being a company) has a receiver appointed or passes a resolution for winding up or if a Court shall order it to be wound up, or commits an available act of bankruptcy
- is in breach of any items and conditions contained herein
8 FORCE MAJEURE
- AMY NICHOLAS reserves the right to cancel, vary or suspend the operation of contract of sale if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (but not limited to) fire, floods, storm, shortage of materials or labour.
10 CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS
- AMY NICHOLAS Limited excludes Consequential and Indirect Loss from our Terms & Conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be subject to English Law.
DISCLAIMER & LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- Amy Nicholas Direct Limited does not seek to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or that of its members, agents, directors or employees or for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law and save as provided above, neither Amy Nicholas Direct Limited nor any associated company shall be liable to you by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, or in negligence (whether on the part of Amy Nicholas Direct Limited or any of its members, agents, directors, employees or otherwise) for any indirect special or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of profit or loss of saving), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the use of this website, the supply of the products or their use or resale by you.
- The limitations of liability in these conditions shall apply equally for the benefit of Amy Nicholas Direct Limited and any other associated company of Amy Nicholas Direct Limited as if references to Amy Nicholas Direct included references to each such associated company.
- While Amy Nicholas Direct Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, it does not give any warranty as to its accuracy or completeness and Amy Nicholas Direct Limited will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results arising from the use of such information.
- While Amy Nicholas Direct Limited takes all reasonable steps to ensure a fast and reliable service, it does not guarantee that your use of this website will be interruption or error free and will not be responsible for any disruption, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto any computer system.
- Further, Amy Nicholas Direct Limited will not be responsible nor liable for your use of any other websites which you may access via links within this website. Amy Nicholas Direct Limited does not control these websites and is not responsible for their content. Any such links are provided merely as a service to users of this website and their inclusion in this website does not constitute an endorsement by or affiliation with Amy Nicholas Direct Limited.
The entire liability of Amy Nicholas Direct Limited under or in connection with any contract for any products to which these conditions apply shall not exceed the price of the products, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
Amy Nicholas Direct Limited will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or any other contract with you by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations in relation to the products ordered by you if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond its reasonable control.
- Amy Nicholas Direct Limited may assign or transfer any of its rights or sub contract any of its obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with the specific permission in writing of Amy Nicholas Direct Limited
- No person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have any right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Nothing in these conditions is intended nor shall affect any of your statutory rights that may not be legally excluded.